Vegan cheese with Macadamia Nuts
Try this healthy and delicious recipe. Easy to make and low cost.
• 1 1/2 cups of macadamia nuts (210 g)
• 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast (4 tablespoons)
• 1/4 cup of water (65 ml).
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
• 1 teaspoon onion powder.
• 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
• 1/2 teaspoon of pink himalayan salt.
• Let the macadamia nuts soak in hot water for at least 1 hour. This step is not essential, although the texture of the cheese will be finer. Strain and put in a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients and beat until they are perfectly integrated.
• You can eat the cheese straight, but it will taste better and be firmer if you let it sit in the fridge.
• Place the mixture in a gauze, vegetable milk bag or napkin forming a ball and close the cloth by making a knot or with the help of a rubber band.
• Put the cheese in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl or container in case it releases liquid and leave it covered with a cloth in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The ideal is to leave it 24-36hrs. You can serve it with cookies.
Share with friends and family
INVEST IN YOUR HEALTH !!
INVEST IN YOURSELF !!