Savory Pancakes with Herbs and Vegetables
Breakfast for dinner, anyone? Here’s a healthy, veggie-filled twist on the breakfast classic. Note: if you’re following a gluten-free diet, try substituting the wheat flour in this recipe with one of Yogi Super Foods gluten-free flours.
- 300 grams whole wheat flour
- 45 grams baking flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 500 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 grams of parsley (chopped)
- 20 grams of chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of Yogi Super Foods ghee
- 750 grams of cooked chopped vegetables (according to preference)
- Yogi Super Foods nutritional yeast (to taste)
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Gentle beat the eggs and the almond milk together just until the eggs are broken and loosely mixed into the milk. and then, slowly beat them into the flour mixture beating the dough until you have
- Then then pour the almond milk and eggs into the flour, beating them together until you have a runny dough.
- Add the herbs and salt and set aside to soak while you heat the pan.
- Put a little bit of the ghee in a non-stick pan over medium heat
- Once the pan is hot, scoop a ladle full of the pancake batter and pour in into the pan. Cook until it has browned and then flip and brown on the other side, until the center has cooked through. Repeat.
- Serve pancakes topped with a spread of ghee, the cooked chopped vegetables, and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.