CACAO PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
Cacao protein smoothie with vegan pea protein from Yogi Super Foods
The best quick and easy post-workout meal or dinner idea.
Author Fernanda Berganza
- 2/3 of cup of milk of choice
- 1/2 tablespoon of our creamy roasted almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of our raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of our organic agave syrup
- 2 and ½ tablespoons of our organic pea protein
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 full ripe banana
- 3-5 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon of our raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of our gluten free granola
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Add the toppings.
Creamy almond butter. Almonds are classified as a nutrient dense food, meaning that they contain plenty of nutrients in a smaller portion. By using our creamy almond butter, you contribute to your heart's health and blood sugar stability. Due to their nutritional content, such as:
- monounsaturated fat
- plant protein
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- vitamin E
Raw cacao powder and raw cacao nibs. Guatemalan cacao beans are also known as the Mayan coin. Cacao is high in antioxidants, specifically flavonols, which enhance brain function due to increased brain blood flow. As it is raw, nutrients remain more effectively in the beans.
Astrup, A. and Ellis, P.R. (2009). The Nutritional and health benefits of almonds: a healthy food choice. Food Science & Technology Bulletin Functional Foods. 6 (4): 41-50. DOI: 10.1616/1476-2137.15765
Wolfe, D. (2000). Superfoods: the food and medicine of the future. North Atlantic Books